Alliot Technologies specialises in the distribution, set-up and ongoing management of IoT (Internet of Things) devices. Forming part of the ProVu Communications group, Alliot is about to embark on an exciting journey to mould the latest innovations from development to commercial applications. Having put all the pieces in place Alliot is now looking to employ its first Business Development Manager. This is an opportunity to be part of something new and exciting and be in at the very beginning.
The successful candidate will need to be able to develop sales within the technical area of the Internet of Things (IOT). B2B sales, marketing and strategic analysis are also important aspects of the position, along with strong technical knowledge, exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to close deals. The ideal candidate will have experience researching market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop business strategy.
- Research prospective accounts in our target markets, pursue leads and follow through to successful sales
- Understand the IOT markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
- Collaborate with design and sales teams to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and identify new prospects within the area you have been assigned
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date with competitors
The Ideal candidate
- Will be experienced in Business Development and sales, ideally with a technical background
- Highly articulate and numerate with a clear commercial focus
- An interest in technology solutions
- A desire to learn the products and solutions very well so they can present, position and answer questions
- Is able to cope with change – although we are part of a bigger group this is a new company and we will be moving forward rapidly, we are developing new products and services, all the time
- Is self-driven and able to work independently
- A desire to help build something truly special
What we can offer you
We are a small and friendly team who are passionate about the work we do. We trust our people to do their work and will support them to achieve their best in a comfortable and fun environment.
- Salary from £25,000 to £50,000 ote
- Company contributory pension scheme
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing up to 23 days per year served
- A modern, stylish work place in a converted Yorkshire textile mill
- You will not be micro-managed or expected to meet unrealistic deadlines or targets.
- We reward performance rather than time served. If you do well here you will find plenty of opportunity to progress
- Regular company social activities
- All the tea and coffee you can consume!
This role is envisaged as a full time position based in our offices in Huddersfield. But we would consider applications from the right candidate, for part time / flexible working.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com